Output Composite (Dark/Clear) gerber files using EasyGerb.
Note: This Learn Guide assumes that you have already loaded EasyGerb into your AutoCAD version. If you haven't successfully loaded EasyGerb yet, goto Loading EasyGerb into AutoCAD.
1. Open sample AutoCAD drawing file "compos.dxf". This file is located in the folder: ...\EasyGerb\Examples.
2. At the command prompt type: "easygerb". The main EasyGerb dialog will now appear.
3. Verify the Output Folder. The location where you want EasyGerb to output Gerber files.
Windows Vista Users: You will need to choose an Output Folder that you have write permission to. If not, EasyGerb will complain that it cannot write files to the output folder. We recommend outputting to a temporary in your folder "...\Documents\easygerb"
4. Go to "Output Settings:", and select "RF-Flex PCB/Chem Milling". This feature quickly optimizes your layer settings (such as FCB, OWP, FRD,FRS) for the most common type of drawing you're translating - in this case a "Chem Milling Mask".
5. Click button "Merge Layers..." to create the merged composite layer.
6. Click button "1" to create the compsote layer merge. The composite merge dialog will appear.
7. Enter Merged File: "composite.gbr"
8. Assign Layers to Merge: (see below for example)
GROUND ---------> Dark
VOID ---------------> Clear
Inner ---------------> Dark
Note: When creating compsite layers, the layer "sequence" and "polarity" order are very important. Changing the layer sequence or polarity will drastically change the results of the final composite image.
9. Press button "OK" to return to the Merge Dialog.
10. Press button "OK" to return to the Main Dialog.
11. Press button "OK" to select objects.
12. Select Objects and "Right Click" to begin the translation.
That's It, EasyGerb is Finished!
13. Review the EasyGerb Finish dialog.
(Screen capture of Composite Gerber file in FAB 3000)
Note: To improve arc quality (and output "True Arcs") in your mask, check option "Use Circular Interpolation". For more information, goto: EasyGerb Dialog Reference: Options
Note: To drastically reduce your gerber file sizes and processing time, check option "Use Step/Repeat (Minsert Blocks)". For more information, goto: EasyGerb Dialog Reference: Options